Unique at OSU
Collections of digitized documents, photographs, maps and data that have been described and organized by OSU Libraries to make them more widely accessible for researchers, students, and the general public. Search the collections or browse the lists below.
- Fine Arts Print CollectionFine Arts Print CollectionWorld Vision: Selections From the OSU Department of Art Fine Arts Print Collection
(Image credit: Bolivar Gaudin, Uruguay, Dialogo,10/150, Lithography, 23.25" x 16/75")
- Oregon State Baseball CentennialOregon State Baseball CentennialPhotographs, video, ephemera, essays and statistics documenting more than 100 years of OSU baseball players, coaches, and teams.
- The Best of Archives Collection The Best of Archives CollectionQuick access to some of the best of the OSU Archives Collection.
- Braceros in Oregon Photograph Collection Braceros in Oregon Photograph CollectionThe 102 photographs in this collection document the activities of Oregon's Bracero workers--their cultivation and harvesting work in the fields and orchards as well as the farm labor camps in which they lived.
- Northwest Digital Archives Northwest Digital ArchivesThe Northwest Digital Archives (NWDA) provides enhanced access to archival and manuscript materials at 16 repositories in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington through a union database of Encoded Archival Description (EAD) finding aids.
- Oregon Multicultural Archives Digital Collection Oregon Multicultural Archives Digital CollectionThe Oregon Multicultural Archives Digital Collection consists of images that document the lives and activities of ethnic minorities in Oregon. The images are drawn from the archival collections that form the Oregon Multicultural Archives.
- Rising Flood Waters: 1964 Corvallis Rising Flood Waters: 1964 CorvallisThe "1964 Corvallis Flood" features 59 oblique photographs flown by Western Ways, Inc. on Dec. 23, 1964. These images were taken when the Willamette River stood at 23' and document the extensive flooding in Corvallis area.
- ScholarsArchive @ OSUScholarsArchive @ OSUA permanent means for faculty members and students to store their research and teaching output, to make the information widely available and for the institution to maintain its historical record.
- Oregon Maps
- It's in the Blood! A Documentary History of Linus Pauling, Hemoglobin and Sickle Cell AnemiaIt's in the Blood!Explores Linus Pauling's research into how the blood works at the molecular level in addition to other vital discoveries about immunology, sickle-cell anemia, genetics, evolution, and human health.
- Linus Pauling and the Nature of the Chemical Bond: A Documentary HistoryLinus Pauling & the Nature of the Chemical BondChronicles Linus Pauling's discoveries and investigations of the chemical bond with a forty-nine page Narrative that tells the story as it happens and other primary materials.
- Linus Pauling Research NotebooksLinus Pauling Research NotebooksThe notebooks contain many of Pauling's laboratory calculations and experimental data, as well as scientific conclusions, ideas for further research and numerous autobiographical musings.
- Linus Pauling and the Race for DNALinus Pauling & the Race for DNAUtilizing over 800 scanned documents, photographs, audio clips and video excerpts, this website narrates the breathless details of the pursuit of the discovery of the double helix structure of DNA.
- Linus Pauling Awards, Honors, and MedalsLinus Pauling Awards, Honors, and MedalsLinus Pauling, an OSU alum was among the most decorated of American scientists. This digital collection is a record of the medals, citations, diplomas and other recognitions awarded to Pauling.
OSU Libraries Digital Image Formats and Standards (pdf)