Study Room Policies
- Advance reservations are limited to one per person per day, and may be made up to 28 days in advance.
- Advance reservations are not required, but are strongly recommended.
- Individuals may check out a key card for immediate use of a room at the Circulation Desk, if any rooms are available and have not been reserved by other patrons. Immediate use check-outs are not advance reservations; they do not count against the daily limit for advance reservations.
- If the key card for a reserved room is not picked up within 15 minutes of the reservation’s start time, the reservation will be canceled and the room will be made available to patrons for immediate use check-outs.
- Information about room reservations is confidential. Library staff will not share this information with anyone but the person who made the reservation.
- Patrons who occupy a study room beyond their reserved time will incur late fees, and will be asked to leave the room.
- The Library may ask any occupant to leave a study room if complaints are received.
- Failure to leave a study room when requested by library staff, regardless of reason, may result in loss of the privilege to use study rooms, a referral to the Student Conduct office, or a referral to campus Public Safety.
The Valley Library has a limited number of rooms that serve a large OSU population. Between the hours of 7:00 am and midnight, the Valley Library will extend a room’s check-out period (i.e. renew the room) only when availability allows it.
The Valley Library is not responsible for personal property left in study rooms. Personal property left in a study room may be removed by Library staff.