Complete video of all of the symposium presentations is presented here, along with full transcriptions.
Click on a talk below to watch the video.
- Cliff Mead (Special Collections, Oregon State University Libraries), Steve Lawson (Linus Pauling Institute), Paul Risser (President, Oregon State University) - Introductory Remarks and President's Greeting
- Ahmed Zewail (Chemistry and Physics, California Institute of Technology) - Keynote Address: “Timing in the Invisible,” Part 1
- Ahmed Zewail (Chemistry and Physics, California Institute of Technology) - Keynote Address: “Timing in the Invisible,” Part 2
- Tom Hager (Pauling biographer) - “The Price of Controversy”
- Jack Dunitz (Organic Chemistry Laboratory, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology) - “Space Filling in Molecular Solids”
- Robert Paradowski (Science, Technology, and Society, Rochester Institute of Technology) - “An American in Munich: Truth and Controversy in the Life and Work of Linus Pauling during the Golden Years of Physics”
- Linus Pauling, Jr. (Honolulu, Hawaii) - “Life with Father...And Mother”
- John Byrne (President Emeritus, Oregon State University) - Panel Discussion and Closing Remarks