- Christmas greeting card from Barbara and Ray McCoy to the Paulings RE: Informs of how proud they are to have a Nobel prize winner in the family. [Filed under AHP: Box 3.025, Folder 25.14]
- Letter from Beatrice Wulf to Dr. Fred J. Allen RE: LP's travel plans for world tour; offers to send contact addresses if Allen wishes to get in touch with LP. [Filed under Correspondence: (Allen, Fred 1924-1969) Box #5.3]
- Letter from Beatrice Wulf to Marlin Dickey RE: Answering Dickey's letter requesting an interview to discuss career plans with LP in LP's stead [Dickey's letter December 17, 1954] [Filed under D: Correspondence 1954, Box #98.19]
- Letter from Grover J. Secord to LP RE: Congratulating LP on Nobel Prize and asking questions of a scientific nature for his articles for Future Chemists of America [Reply Beatrice Wulf January 6, 1955; LP's reply March 31, 1955] [Filed under S: Correspondence 1954, Box #379.2]
- Letter from LP to Beatrice Wulf. [LP Awards, Box 1954h2.16]
22 Dec '54
Things are going along well. The ceremonies were fine - we enjoyed the King's dinner and everything.
Now we are taking off for Amsterdam.
Would you send Prof. E. Hylleraas, University, Oslo, a ferromagnetism reprint & a 1949 sickle-cell reprint?
Also, send the note below to Bill Bergmen.
Norway has been fine - not very cold.
Otto B. sends his greetings. Also we too.
- Letter from LP to H. B. Bennett RE: Encloses the unused portion of two tickets. [Filed under LP Speeches: 1954s.17]
- Letter from Stanley Schaefer, W.H. Freeman and Co., to Beatrice Wulf, RE: Schaefer confirms receipt of the three appendices and the legends for the figures, as well as the three packages containing the incomplete manuscript. He says that a second copy of the manuscript would be very useful, if she could find one. He would like to use it for cost estimates and in planning production while the master copy is being copy-read. [Filed under LP Manuscripts of Books, 1955b.1]
- Letter from William V. Consolazio, National Science Foundation to Robert B. Corey RE: Corey’s proposal “X-ray Diffraction Studies of Crystalline Proteins” has been approved by the NSF for $36,000 for three years. Encloses a copy of the grant. Gives instructions for research reports and reprints. [Letter from Corey to Consolazio January 4, 1955] [Filed under LP Science: (National Science Foundation: Grants, Exhibits, 1954-1964), Box #14.030, Folder 30.3]
- Postcard from Leo A. Shinn, Office of Naval Research to LP RE: Acknowledges receipt of the 14 copies of the annual progress report for 1954 on Project NR 124-110. [Letter from Corey to Chief of Naval Research December 17, 1954] [Filed under LP Science: (Office of Naval Research: Correspondence, Memoranda, Notes and Assorted Materials re: “The Structure and Properties of Proteins and Synthetic Polypeptides”, Contract Nonr 220(05) (Chemistry 32), 1951-1963), Box #14.032, Folder 32.2]