OJS@OregonDigital.org Publishes Their First Open Access Journal
Back issues of the Journal of the Transportation Research Forum are now available online: http://journals.oregondigital.org/trforum. This is the first open access journal published as part of the OSU and UO Libraries new OJS@OregonDigital.org open access journal publishing service.
The new service uses the Public Knowledge Project’s free, open source software, Open Journal System (OJS), as a platform. This new service builds on already existing efforts at the two universities to support publication of other open access content such as journal articles, conference proceedings, newsletters, technical report series and open access monographs using ScholarsArchive@OSU and Scholars’ Bank (UO) open access repositories. OJS@OregonDigital.org supports the full cycle of journal publishing from article submission to archiving. The service:
- Takes advantage of modern web-based distribution mechanisms
- Increases the visibility of journal publications
- Avoids the fees and access restrictions associated with commercial publishers
- Reaches readers outside the journal’s core discipline and those without access to academic libraries or traditional research channels
- Ensures long-term stewardship and availability