Services for OSU Extended Campus Students and Faculty — Policies and Procedures
Welcome! The Oregon State University Libraries provides access, delivery and reference services that support the research of needs of our remote users. Using our library catalog, databases and e-journals, you can search for and order books, journal articles, and other library materials from the OSU libraries, other Pacific Northwest academic libraries, and beyond. If you require any assistance in searching for or obtaining library materials, we invite you to contact us, using the information at the bottom of this page.
The library provides delivery service for students currently registered in Extended Campus courses and for faculty and graduate students with remote appointments. Oregon State University Libraries provides for delivery of library materials requested by registered E-Campus Students as well as OSU employees at remote locations.
Books requested through the OSU Libraries Catalog are sent to you via FedEx. It is your responsibility to return these items to the OSU Libraries. Copies of articles are sent to your ONID email account. Our goal is to handle your request by the next working day.
You may also request items that OSU doesn’t own via Interlibrary Loan and through the Summit Catalog. These items are first sent to the Valley library and then FedExed to you. If you receive a message that an item is ready for pickup at Valley Circulation, please forward that message to so we can retrieve the item and FedEx it to you. You may return the book by mail or your preferred carrier.
Overdue fines will be charged if the items are received after the due date. However, you may renew most OSU Libraries items on-line through your patron record.
Borrowing Books, Videos, and more through the OSU Catalog
The OSU Libraries catalog lists the books and other materials owned by OSU Libraries, including the Valley Library in Corvallis, the Guin Library in Newport, the Cascades collection in Bend, as well as Central Oregon Community College’s Library.
- At the main catalog screen, search by Title, Subject Heading, Author, etc,
- Click on the title of the item to see the full record
- Verify that its Status is “Available”
- Click on the “Request” button that is in the row of buttons near the top of the page
- Fill in your name and university ID
- Select “Extended Campus” as the “Pickup Location”
- Click Submit
- The book will be mailed to you. You are responsible for mailing it back to the library by the due date.
Requesting Journal Articles
Many articles are available full-text online through one of our databases. If the article is not available full-text online
- Click on the 360 Link to Fulltext icon. This will often locate the full-text of the article in another source
- If the article is not available full-text, you will be taken to a screen indicating that no online version is available.
- Click on the Submit an Interlibrary Loan request link and log in to your interlibrary loan account. The form will automatically be filled in for you.
- Click on Submit.
- Your article will be delivered to you via your ONID email account.
Requesting Books through the Summit catalog
If OSU does not have a book that you need (either we do not own it or it is checked out), you may be able to request it through the Summit Catalog. Summit requests are for books, and a few libraries lend videos, but not for volumes of journals or copies of articles. The requests are sent to Valley Library and sent to you via FedEx.
- Find the item you want
- Click on “Request this Item”
- Choose “Oregon State U” as the institution you are associated with
- Fill in your name and ID, leave “Oregon State U” as your Pickup Institution and select “Extended Campus” as your Pickup Location
- The book will be mailed to you via FedEx. You are responsible for returning it to the OSU Libraries before the due date.
How to Request Eric Documents
Approximately 80% of ERIC documents from 1993 to the present are available online through the ERIC database. The ERIC database will automatically connect to the document in PDF format if it is available. If the ERIC document is book length, check the OSU and Summit catalogs for it. Otherwise, documents that are not available online are in microfiche format, and are not listed in the Oasis online catalog.
- To request Eric documents, please use your Interlibrary Loan account ONID login and a onetime registration are required.
- New Request type is “Article.”
- Put the author(s) in the journal title field and the title of the piece in the article title field
- Journal call number is the Eric document number, e.g. ED 238 484.
Using Interlibrary Loan
For books that are not available in either OSU or the Summit Catalog, and for journal articles, you can request an Interlibrary Loan. Do you want to outline the steps to submit an ILL request?
- ONID login and a onetime registration are required for this service. (If you need help establishing an ONID account, contact .)
- If you submit requests to Interlibrary Loan, please note that the item is not at OSU or available through Summit in the Notes Field to expedite your request.
Loan Periods for the OSU General Collection, Summit, & Interlibrary Loan
For additional information, please see the library’s circulation policies
- General Collection
- OSU undergraduates and student affiliates, non-OSU borrowers, OUS faculty
- OSU staff and affiliates; OSU associates; corporate borrowers; visiting scholars
- OSU graduate students and their affiliates
- OSU faculty, authorized borrowers and affiliates
- Up to 6 months, 1 renewal (June & December due dates)
- Interlibrary Loans
- OSU students, faculty, staff
- OSU students, faculty, staff
- Restricted Collections
- Some collections have varied loan periods and may be limited to certain patron groups. Examples are course reserves and microformats.
OSU General Collection
- Go to your library account
- Click on “Access your library record”.
- Enter your name and university ID.
- Click on the “Checked out items” icon.
- Check the items you want to renew, and click on “Renew selected”, or renew all checked out items by clicking on “Renew all”.
- Check back later to verify that Summit items were successfully renewed — if requested by another patron, you will need to return them.
Interlibrary Loan materials
- Click “Access your interlibrary loan record”.
- Enter your ONID username and password.
- Click “View/Renew Checked Out Items”.
Whether an item can be renewed is up to the lending library and not the OSU Libraries. If a lending library denies a renewal request, please return the item ASAP to avoid overdue fines.
For assistance in searching for or acquiring materials, we invite you to use the following contacts:
- Questions about OSU-owned and Summit requests:
- Questions about Interlibrary Loan:
- For help locating material, contact Reference:
- For assistance with procedures, policies and troubleshooting, contact Extended Campus Librarian: Stefanie Buck, , 541-737-7273 (at Cascades Campus in Bend)
- For in depth research assistance, contact one of OSU Libraries’ Subject Specialists
- For help setting up an ONID account (necessary for Interlibrary Loan), contact Computer Consulting: , 541-737-3474