WR 121 Research Log
Home | Assignment #1A | Assignment #1B | Assignment #1C | Assignment #1D | Assignment #1E | Assignment #1F
Assignment #1G: Identifying Useful Keywords
In this section, you will think about what you still need to find, and identify keywords that might help you find sources to meet those needs.
What to Do
- Think about the how your topic is discussed in the sources you have found so far. Identify the key themes and concepts about your topic area.
- Brainstorm a list of keywords that will help you retrieve information about your topic.
- Think about different ways authors might refer to your topic.
- Identify synonyms for your keywords.
- Think about broader and narrower ways to refer to your key concepts.
- Write down a list of at least five keywords that you think will be the most useful as you do further research.
For more information:
After completing this assignment, add the following to your research log:
- Your list of keywords.
Continue to Assignment #1H
Return to Assignment #1F