WR 121 Research Log
Home | Assignment #1A | Assignment #1B | Assignment #1C | Assignment #1D | Assignment #1E | Assignment #1F
Assignment #1C: Developing Research Questions
In this section, you will use the information you have gathered about your topic to think about how you can start to narrow your topic. You will also come up with some potential research questions.
What to Do
- Read the assignment requirements again.
- Read Chapter 14, section d, "Narrowing and focusing a topic" in St. Martin's.
- Examine the notes you've collected from your sources so far.
- Think about different ways you might narrow your topic area.
- Brainstorm as many questions as you can about your topic area.
- Write down the 3 questions you think are the most promising in your research log.
Look at the Scoring Rubric to see what you need to do to get full credit for this assignment.
After completing this assignment, add the following to your research log:
- 3 promising research questions on your topic area.
Continue to Assignment #1D
Return to Assignment #1B