.02 cubic feet and 6 reels of microfilm
Organized into 18 series. Records document the administrative activities of the office, the student programs that it coordinated, and committee activities of the Dean of Women.
The Dean of Women's office was established in 1911 with responsibility for the general welfare of the college's female students. Anna Zoe Crayne was the first Dean. Kate M. Jameson, Dean of Women from 1924-1941, added many programs to the purview of the office, including the Associated Women Students, Mortar Board, and other honorary societies. The office provided housing and employment services, helped to coordinate social and activity programs, and counseled students "on matters of general and personal welfare." In 1962 the Dean of Women was placed under the new position of Dean of Students, and in 1969 the Dean of Women's title was changed to Assistant Dean of Students.
Vice Provost for Student Affairs Records (RG 102); Dean of Men's Office Records (RG 134); Dean of Women's Office Photograph Collection (P 97); Vice Provost for Student Affairs Photograph Collection (P 182); Resident Hostess Club of Oregon State College Records (RG 133).