Harold E. Kerr began working for the Extension Service in Crook County as a County Extension Agent in 1960, working primarily with the 4–H program. While stationed in Crook County, Kerr was responsible for the weed control program, a Saturday radio talk show, and oversaw preparations for different 4–H events. He held this position until 1967, when he took a sabbatical to further his education.
After returning from graduate school in 1969, Kerr worked in Morrow County as the Wheat Agent, Agronomist, and Staff Chair. In 1980 he was transferred to Wasco County in 1980, and in 1982, he relocated to the OSU main campus in Corvallis, Oregon, to assume the position of Associate Director for Extension Services. In 1990, Kerr retired and was given an Emeritus appointment.
Harold Kerr was born in 1935 in the town of Arbuckle, California. He earned a B.S. in Animal Husbandry from Oregon State College (1957) and an M.S. in Extension Education from Colorado State University (1968).
After graduating from OSC, Kerr worked as an Army Food Inspector in New York City from 1957 to 1959. In 1959 Kerr moved back to his hometown of Lakeview, Oregon, with his wife, Carol (whom he married in 1958), where he worked on the family farm until he started his career with the OSU Extension Service. Harold Kerr passed away on October 16, 2009.