About OSU Libraries
The OSU Libraries enhance and support the university’s instructional and research programs with traditional and innovative services and collections.
Major Service Centers
The OSU Libraries are dedicated to serving the students, faculty, and staff at Oregon State University.
- The Valley Library, in the center of campus, offers an environment conducive to individual study and collaborative work.
- The Marilyn Potts Guin Library in Newport houses the research and teaching collection of OSU’s Hatfield Marine Science Center.
- The OSU Cascades Library provides library services to OSU students, faculty, and staff in Bend, Oregon through shared facilities on the Central Oregon Community College campus.
- The Special Collections & Archives Research Center, housed within The Valley Library, maintains extensive records, manuscripts and photographs pertaining to the history of OSU as well as a number of archival and book collections, most of which focus on the history of twentieth-century science and technology.
- OSU Press publishes scholarly and general interest books in forestry, natural resources management and natural history.
A full listing of units can be found on our Departments page
Statistics about our serials, monographs, digital versus print, and usage can be found on the Collections Department page.
Each of the following collaborations adds to the amount and value of resources the OSU Libraries can make available to our users as well as raising the profile of the libraries state-wide and nationally.
- Institute for Natural Resources - our collaborative partner on the Oregon Explorer, a natural resources digital library. Collaboration on this project also extends to state agencies and other public/private partnerships.
- University of Oregon - where possible, we make joint decisions on collections, technology sharing, and staff development opportunities, viewing the two libraries as a single library with shared purposes.
- Consortia - we are members of the Orbis/Cascades Alliance and the Greater Western Library Alliance